- Managing Partner
William D. Lentz is a trial attorney representing clients in matters throughout Northeast Ohio, primarily in the courts of Portage County Ohio. His practice concentrates on all facets of criminal, civil & business law, probate, wills, trusts, estates, and real estate business purchases & sales.
Mr. Lentz received his Bachelor's degree in Political Science from Lock Haven University in 1973. He received his Juris Doctorate from The University of Akron School of Law in 1976. He has been licensed to practice law in the state of Ohio since 1976.
Mr. Lentz served as an Assistant Portage County Prosecutor from 1977-1979. Since then he has been in private practice in Portage County. He is general counsel for Portage Community Bank.
Mr. Lentz has been a member of both the Ohio State and Portage County Bar Associations since 1977. He has served as the President of the Portage County Bar Association, was the recipient of the Portage County Bar Association Humanitarian Award in 1999 and was the Portage County Bar Association Volunteer of the Year in 1994. On occasion he serves as acting judge in the Portage County Municipal Courts.
In his spare time, Mr. Lentz has served the community as past President of Family and Community Services, Inc., and as the former legal advisor to the Ohio Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks.
Areas of Practice
- Probate, Wills, Trusts, & Estates
- Criminal Law
- Business Formation, Purchases & Sales, & Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Ohio, 1976
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D. - 1976
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
- Major: Political Science
- General Counsel Portage Community Bank
Honors and Awards
- Portage County Bar Association Humanitarian Award, Recipient, 1999
- Portage County Bar Association Volunteer of the Year, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State County Bar Association, Member, 1977 - Present
- Portage County Bar Association, Member, 1977 - Present
- United States District Court, 1979
- Portage County Bar Association, Past President
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant Portage County Prosecutor, 1977 to 1979
Pro Bono Activities
- Past President, Family and Community Services, Inc.
- Legal Advisor, Ohio Benevolent & Protective Order of Elks